1. Bring your ear to your shoulder
2. Let your neck to sit in that position for 5 to 7 seconds
3. Force your ear toward your shoulder.
4. Feel the stretch of your neck muscle on the opposite side.
Same principle as the exercise before...
1. Bring head back as if you are looking toward the ceiling.
2. Feel the stretch in the muscles located on the front part of your neck.
If this exercise causes dizziness, fainting or loss of balance…
STOP THE EXERCISE AND CONTACT YOUR PHYSICIAN.
1. Rotate your head toward your (R or L) shoulder and then
2. Nod your head down and you will feel a stretch on the opposite side of which you are looking. Just hold for a few seconds and repeat.
NECK STRETCHES FOR STRENGTH
1. Put your hand on your forehead and force your forehead against your hand to provide resistance. You can do this in several sets of 6, 8, or 10 repetitions.
2. Place your hands on the back of your neck and force your head back while providing resistance with your hands.
Do these exercises in several sets of 6, 8, or 10 several times a day and you will be surprised at the amount of flexibility that returns in a couple of months.
Dr. Steven Sherwin, 1725 B State St., Santa Barbara, CA
Santa Barbara Chiropractor Menu of Services Conditions Treated Office Hours Contact Us
Quality chiropractic care providing a wide array of chiropractic procedures and help with many issues including: Back pain, neck pain, subluxation lower back pain, back pain relief, low back pain, cause of lower back pain, healing back pain, exercise, back pain treatment. All of this available in our convenient chiropractic office in Santa Barbara, California.